RE: Niagara, Franz, Kidneys around MED AEC sites

MessageAll

Uranium is a known kidney toxin, but we think that the toxicity depends on

the instantaneous kidney concentration (Harley et al 1999 RAND report). The

intakes need to be large before this concentration is reached.

There are private water supplies that result in uranium intakes above that

usually see in the workplace, without significant health effects. Are the

intakes "around MED AEC sites" greater than these private wells?

 _________________

John R Johnson, Ph.D.

*****

President, IDIAS, Inc