Oh Little Bethlehem, Kidneys, Love and Peace

 RADSAFERS:

 This will be my last post containing anything personal--Last one. I promise.

I am done with "he said, she said."  If someone wants to take pot shots at

me, so be it.

 I will post (and possibly publish) remarks and comments elsewhere perhaps

incorporating them into some future article I may write about radiation

protection and safety, but I won't post further personal comments here beyond this

last.

 The below attached posting is an inaccurate chronicling of events.

 Someone should look through the thread. I thank you Sandy for the comment

about the Japanese people. I agree that we American's could take a lesson on

civility.

 I readily admit that I made a very harsh intro onto the board, However, I

never heard directly from the people that were mentioned and involved with the

NIOSH report. I only heard from those NOT directly involved with the

reconstruction.

 I also want to thank Ms. Hamrick for her stand up comment.

 I am not intentionally anti-anything. I am curious by nature and this whole

MED AEC situation has not ever been fully addressed (words of DOE-"Impacted

area") and it is disconcerting to say the least. I'm not a newbie to this as

I've studied for a number of years now and don't like what I am seeing from a

historical health and safety perspective.

 Even "Small Amounts" of Fission Products should not be allowed into the

environment willy-nilly. Even tiny amounts--buried direct to soil. On this much

science I am sure.

 If I - "dragged the Love Canal issue in as a red herring," I wasn't aware of

my making any big deal out of LC and only mentioned it in passing in a

missive of 631 words. Two words out of 631 were focused on, and then nothing further

from that posting was commented upon.

 Ms. Hamrick clearly states this in her previous email.

 Oh well, many things in life are perception.

 Mr. Hall, DOE in LV. If I perceived the tone of your email incorrectly, I

apologize. There are several barrels that have my name on them too..(as the

entire board chuckles I'm sure). The barrel(s) for me are those smaller 30 gal.

green salt type and should tell all about pieces-parts and disposal methods.

:*)

  I brought up Love Canal in two words out of 631--from there, the discussion

went further down hill. If anyone bothers to check, I never posted an article

at all about Love Canal either as the following message would convict, nor

did I mention kidneys.   That was mentioned first by Franz.

  I'm sure that this message will be dissected, commented upon, berated,

discounted and or spun. I will not comment further on any personal level to anyone

on the board and I will let the archive and online record stand as my scribe.

If there are negative comments to be made, please make them directly to me in

the future and not on the RADSAFE bulletin board.

 I will decently bid you

 Cheers all and May Peace Prevail,

 Sincerely,

 Louis Ricciuti

 Still -- "Los Alamos East"

  The below message has more holes in it than a graphite moderated reactor.

   And a not so decent message dated 4/2/2004 STEVE DAPRA WRITES:

> April 1

>     Louis Ricciuti wrote:  "Here is the citation again for NIOSH. I don't

> know

> who you are Sir, with that you are correct. I do know that whomever you

> are, you were not aware of NIOSH being at the CDC in Atlanta, GA."

Steve DAPRA writes--

>     NIOSH being at the CDC in Atlanta has nothing to do with anything.  When

> went to the earlier link to NIOSH that you posted it was not a study on

> anything.  It was a collection of generalities, and there were no links in

> the collection of generalities to any report - including the one you claim

> to have read and have been denouncing.  I also did an internal search on

> the NIOSH web site and could find no links to any NIOSH reports about

> rad-exposed workers in the Niagara Falls area.  About all I found were

> minutes of meetings about studies and investigations NIOSH had conducted in

> the area.

>     You complained about "waffling."  I don't know who has been waffling but

> it isn't me.  Most of your posting didn't even rise to the level of

> waffling - it was more like fustian.

>     If there are radionuclides in Love Canal they are small or minute

> amounts,

> and they are doubtless not harmful.  I have read a lot over the years about

> Love Canal and you are the first one to drag out anything about

> radionuclides being there.  In the beginning, this thread wasn't about Love

> Canal; it was about rad-exposed workers.  You threw in the Canal as a red

> herring.

>     My references of March 28 were not "pitiful."  That Rachel's

> Children/Love

> Canal article you posted made a grossly deceptive claim about how the

> Niagara Falls School Board obtained title to Love Canal.  (The Board

> obtained title by threatening to get the Canal condemned.)   I gave the

> "pitiful" reference so interested parties could find out about this for

> themselves.  When the President "signed the emergency legislation" is yet

> another of your red herrings.

>     The reference to the NY Times editorial was made for the purpose of

> showing that even the Times eventually admitted that Paigen's work was

> "discounted."

>     Now you have dredged up kidney disease - another red herring.  If we

> keep

> at this long enough you will probably be telling us about Sputnik, or the

> Napoleonic Wars.

>     I am interested in the truth.  You are not.  You are interested in red

> herrings, persiflage, and being mean (such as to Franz).  Have you no sense

> of decency at long last?

> Steven Dapra

> sjd@swcp.com

  This gentleman (Steve Dapra), IMO, is very dangerous in his perceptions and

espousal of the facts, so much so, that IF he is involved with the nuclear

industry at all, he is a further danger to the public in general. Mr. Dapra's

email address leads to a connection in New Mexico and makes me believe that he

is either involved with the mining industry (that may explain his malaise), OR,

he is involved with LANL. If so, I find the latter to be a very scary

possibility.