RE: Different colors of dose

Hi All,

I think that it is time that we again look at the question of meaningful

digits in a calculated or measured number!  If we were all dedicated to

giving those numbers as the stochastic numbers they are, we would realize

that the errors do not allow you to give too many digits for a dose.

	From the attached post re-read and wonder how they do it:

"   participating in this study, you will receive a total of 6293.7 mrad to

your Bone Surfaces, 4795.2 mrad to your Urinary Bladder Wall and 919.079

mrad to your Red Marrow. Although each organ will receive a different dose,

the amount of radiation exposure that you will receive from these procedures

is equivalent to a whole body exposure of 693 days (1.898 years) of exposure

to natural background radiation.  "

Here I cannot but cite the famous German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss:

"Nichts beweist wissenschaftliche Ignoranz besser als uebertriebene

Genauigkeit im Zahlenrechnen!"

"Nothing proves scientific ignorance more conclusively that excessive

precision in

numerical calculations!"

Well have a nice weekend anyway :-)

Fritz

Fritz A. Seiler, Ph.D.

Sigma Five Consulting:          Private:

P.O. Box 1709                   P.O. Box 437

Los Lunas, NM 87031             Tome', NM 87060

Tel.:      505-866-5193         Tel. 505-866-6976

Fax:       505-866-5197         USA

"This is the hour when democracy must justify

itself by capacity  for effective decision, or risk

destruction or desintegration. Europe is dotted

with the ruins of right decisions taken too late."

"America's Responsibility in the Current Crisis"

Manifesto of the Christian Realists. May, 1940.