RE: A Question for Power Reactor Types and others with portal monitors.

John,

The impurities listed on the package insert I have for Tl-201 are only

Tl-200 and Tl-202, and Pb-203 and of those only Tl-202 has a half life

longer than Tl-201.  Where did Tl-204 come from?

As an aside, I just checked a patient who had a 250 mCi administration of

I-131 ten days ago.  My ion chamber [Bicron RSO-5] just barely budged off

zero on the 0 - 5 mR/hr scale.  I would hesitate to say it detected anything

but say 0.05 mR/hr.  He set off our trash alarm, NaI 1.5 inch Bicron system

at about 10 feet.

Any opinions expressed in this message are mine alone and do not necessarily

represent those of the Eastern Colorado VA Health Care System, The

Department of Veterans Affairs, or the United States Government.

Peter G. Vernig

Radiation Safety Officer, VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System, 1055

Clermont St. Denver, CO 80220, ATTN:  RSO MS 115; peter.vernig@med.va.gov;

personal peter_vernig@hotmail.com; 303.399.8020 ext. 2447, FAX: 303.393-5026

Alternate fax 303-377-5686

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is

pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is found to be

excellent or praiseworthy, let your mind dwell on these things."

Paul of Tarsus