Re: Strontium-90 on Tennessee Highway 95

In a message dated 5/16/2004 2:02:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,

bobcherry@cox.net writes:

leaked several drops of strontium 90 over a 25-foot area of the highway

I see there was no mention of the activity.  If it took several hours to

survey this 25-foot area and they found a couple of elevated locations, I think we

can safely assume this posed no harm to anyone, although I bet it cost a

fortune between the road closure, the people out surveying, and the repavement.

What a waste.

Barbara