FW: Strontium-90 on Tennessee Highway 95

Hmmmmmmmm, let's use some Operational Experience (OE).  The nuke industry loves OE.

Think back about, oh lets see 25 years to a far away place called TMI.  One of the lessons learned from TMI was that the public needs to be informed, correctly,  and in a manner in which they can understand, from the get go.  As stated below communication is vital.

I guess the DOE didn't  learn from that either.

My own opinion.

Michael D. Kent

Actually, there's a lot of validity in that  A lot of us could use more training in effective communication, psychology, leadership (the right-brain kind of stuff).  I can recall many instances where radiation workers, members of the public, etc. have been turned "anti" because of dismissive or condescending attitudes, ineptly communicated explanations of risk, or the "we know what's good for you" attitude.  Like or not, personal perceptions become personal realities and feelings become beliefs.