Re: IP Takeover?

Hi all:

Since the politician  who is proposing replacing IP's nukes with 2,000 MW[e] of  natural gas generating

capacity,  and natural gas fired electric generating plants will force the imporating of huge quantities of

LNG most likely, my comment is completely appropriate. True the LNG industry is regulated, but does anyone

really think that LNG storage tanks or the huge incoming LNG tankers are less subject to successful

terrorist attack which might lead to horrible consequences than an attack on a NPP? Valid issues, valid

questions?

I'm not attacking the LNG industry just trying to put all the facts on the table for honest evaluation of

risks, benefits, and costs to society.

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health

5/26/04 12:59:35 PM, LNMolino@AOL.COM wrote:

>"Perhaps he thinks docking LNG supertankers and the nearby storage tanks will make people feel safer than

the operation of IP's nuclear plants."

>The LNG Industry is fighting the SAME types of enviro groups that the NP industry deals with. In some

cases the SAME people even. So why does a comment like this need to be made? LNG is at least as heavily a

regulated industry as is the NP industry and dare I say as misunderstood as far as risk is concerned.