Re: IP Takeover : Alt Power Source

5/27/04 7:36:30 AM, Pete_Bailey@FPL.COM wrote:

>If they want to shutdown IP and need an alternate source of power,

>NY should look into the following because their idea is full of crap.

>Might as well put all that crap to good use !

>FUEL CELL TECHNOLOGY

>Right now, astronaut waste gets shipped back to Earth. But for long-term

>exploration, you'd want to recycle it, because it holds resources that

>astronauts will need. It will provide pure drinking water, fertilizer, and,

>with the help of a recently discovered microbe, it will also provide

>electricity............

Hi Pete:

For several decades in evaluating the so called "nuclear debate", and the statements of so many

politicians and anti-nuclear power activists,  I've commented that IF we could power the US economy on

chicken manure and hot air generated by empty, and overheated rhetoric against nuclear power plants there

would be no need for consideration of any other energy source.

Unfortunately, we live in the real world where 1 kwh[e] = 3,414 BTUs and the efficiency of any bulk power

electric generating source is little more than 40% at best. So we're going to need a huge amount of

energy to power the US economy.

Stewart Farber