Re: Puzzler: How Does Humidity Affect Counting Efficiency?

Hi all,

Most don't realize it, but at a given temperature and pressure humid air is

less dense than dry air.  It is not a big factor, but it exists.  I first

heard about it in junior high from a science teacher who was an ex-military

pilot.  Planes have a noticeably longer take off roll on humid days since

they have to reach slightly higher speed to take off..

If the distance between the window of your Tennelec and the sample is

significant, that could be a factor for alpha's but not beta's.

Dale