Draft ICRP - promotes panic from using LNT (radiological attack)

"Those Americans who learn the facts about hormesis will be less likely to

panic if subjected to light fallout from the explosion in the United States

of a few nuclear weapons -." Kearny,C, Nuclear War Survival Skills p282

www.oism.org $20.

But, from the International Commission on Radiation Protection draft report

(below):

"Above an existing annual dose of about 10 mSv [= 1 CT!] intervention may

likely be necessary -". Draft ICRP below, p74 "-residual continuous extant

doses towards 100 mSV [optimal benefit!] may lead to an almost always

justified resettlement." (p71) "It is assumed - that an increment in dose

will produce an increment in the probability of incurring cancer or

hereditary effects [LNT hoax]." (p40) "Low dose: -100mSv- Biological

Effect -No acute effects, subsequent long-term enhanced risk of incurring

cancer of about 0.5%"  [contrary to evidence] (from graph p13 and also p43).

However, from ChenWL, LuanYC et al J Am Physicians and Surgeons 9/1 Spring

2004 p6 www.jpands.org, "-cancer mortality-3.5/100,000 person years [vs 116

expected] - congenital malformation 1.5/1,000 [vs 23 expected]" following

average 400mSv!

Also, atom bomb surviivors in Hiroshima and Nagasaki receiving under 100 mSv

acute dose had FEWER breast cancers than expected (27 vs 34, as I recall).

I hope that Pollycove, Muckerheide and others much better informed than

myself will correct this ICRP report before it imposes an SOP that causes

needless panic in an all too possible nuclear attack.

Howard Long