Re:AAPStaement on Radiation Disasters and children{Scanned]

Dear Sir/Madame,

–0400; the following statement was mailed by Sender:

owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu concerning the Subject: AAP Statement on

Radiation Disasters and Children [Scanned]

Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Potassium iodide, potassium iodate, and calcium iodate are all recognized as

safe food additives by the FDA.  Various forms of potassium iodide are

approved as drugs, either prescription or over the counter. They all are

capable providing enough iodine to block the uptake of radioactive iodine.

Some sources state that as little as 6 mg. of absorbed iodine will block

uptake. However, we are unable to find the source, which has stated that as

little as 6mg iodine will block the radioiodine uptake by the thyroid.

We would appreciate to know about that ‘some source’ or any documentary

evidence/any published report to substantiate your this statement: “Some

sources state that as little as 6 mg. of absorbed iodine will block uptake”.

Earlier response will help us in satisfying the reviewers/referees, who has

questioned the authenticity of the statement quoted by us in our

dissertation.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

Pahuja.

Get ready to dream with Citibank Ready Cash.

http://go.msnserver.com/IN/49355.asp The Next Generation Personal Loan!