Re: Radionuclides in "Green Sand"-Are there any?

I forgot to include this link:

http://www.webmineral.com/data/Glauconite.shtml

The estimated activity table lists 4.5e-11 Ci/g.  Calculating the K40

activity from the formula I get 4.2E-11 Ci/g.  So I don't know if that is

how they estimated the activity in the glauconite, or if it was by some

measurement.

In any event K40 probably would leach out of the rock, but it is harmless

since our bodies require potassium and regulate its concentration.  We all

get our 17 mrad per year from it internally.

Dale