Re: Portable x-ray units in NY

Hi Tony,

There is nothing seriously wrong with that scenario, assuming it was a temporary setup

and there was no where to hold those waiting for an exam.  If the machine doesn't take

x-rays elsewhere, then it isn't really portable and it should have permanent barriers to

protect people.

That is, the benefit of errecting shields everywhere you go with a portable x-ray is not

worth the cost.  People standing about 10' away should get between 0.1 and 0.01 uSv

per film.  Not a real stress inducer.

Having said that, if I were in charge of that operation, I would make the technologist

wear a badge and make everybody wait in a different room.  Purely to CMA.

-Gary Isenhower