Re: " Scientists Say Dirty Bomb Would Be a Dud " - fear of radiation

Dear Lars,

Thank you for the reference. I know your paper, as well many others that you

wrote, your

contribution to radiation safety is very fruitful.

When I had asked if American is educated to understand the consequences of a

RDD and to minimize the emotions, fear or phobia my purpose is to learn  the

American experience  in this direction. I know, and I have some details, by

the internet on American States exercises, the last in Seattle. One of my

intention comparing the radiological accident in Goiania x RDD, is how to

improve decision making before an RDD and during the event. If country does

not educate public previously to understand what is a RDD and how to deal

with, the response will be very complicated, as it was in Goiania, due the

complete population ignorance.

Brazilian researchers produced  good papers on psychological and medical

stress due impact, I'll use as reference on this issue, however all of them

point out the problems, not solutions about to minimize them in terms of

decisions and actions, considering  what to do, when to do, whom to address

and how to do.

Now I am learning American: researchers and public reactions on RDD, and I

want to learn more from colleagues of this list.

Until now I got only very few comments on this issue, doesn't matter this is

also part of the complete spectrum..

Jose

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel