Re: smoke detector letter

Go to NRC.GOV and click on "What We Do" at the top.  The HP Position Papers can be found under "Related Documents."

jim

>>> Aggie_Barlow <agnes.barlow@YALE.EDU> 06/22/04 03:11PM >>>

Recently, someone posted an NRC letter about the

disposal of smoke detectors [saying they were okay

to dispose of, even in bulk, without regard to the

Am-241.]

I, of course, can not find it now that I want it.

I have looked on the NRC website and the Radsafe

Archives. Does anyone out there it?  I'd be happy

with a fax, an electronic version or the website

for this letter.

There is also a Health Physics Position Statement,

HPPOS-150 on the same topic.  Anyone know where

I can find that one?

Much thanks,

Aggie Barlow

fax 203 785-7588