Re: Numerous Transuranics found at Niagara - Help

June 25, 2004

	Lanthanum has 17 known radioactive isotopes.  Which one are you referring

to, Lewis?  La-140 has a half-life of 40 hours so it's probably long gone.

	I haven't been able to locate the number of actinium isotopes, but Ac-228

has a half-life of about 6 hours.  My guess is it's long gone too.

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/