Re: AW: Article: Lung cancer screening raises OR LOWERS lung cancerrisk

Personally, I have always liked the sigmoid shaped

cause-and-effect curves you see in the graphing of

most biological studies.  That is why there is no

measurable effects below 10 mSv.

--- "Otto G. Raabe" <ograabe@UCDAVIS.EDU> wrote:

> June 29, 2004

> Man-rem only means something if you have complete

> faith that the dose

> response relationship is perfectly linear down to

> and below a micro-rem.

> Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP

> Center for Health & the Environment

> (Street Address: Bldg. 3792, Old Davis Road)

> University of California, Davis, CA 95616

> E-Mail: ograabe@ucdavis.edu

> Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

> body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

> archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

=====

"To be persuasive, we must be believable,

To be believable, we must be credible,

To be credible, we must be truthful."

Edward R. Murrow

-- John