beta's in my coffee creamer

To my surprise I found beta's in coffee creamer, when I

counted a mixture of creamer and scintillation fluid (ultima gold)

in a LSC at 0 - 156 keV. There was a significant difference with

the blanc.

When I mix creamer with demi-water I see in the LSC at 0-19 keV

a significant difference with the blanc (cherenkov?). Only at day one

Can anybody tell which isotope I see?

Henk Westenbrink

h.westenbrink@amc.nl

Central B-laboratory