Petition for a Military Health Physics Section of the Health PhysicsSociety

RADSAFERS who are members of the Health Physics Society:

You may remember that I brought up the topic of a Military Health Physics

Session for the 49th Annual Meeting of the Health Physics Society. With the

encouragement of many and the discouragement of no one, we have set up such

a session to be held Thursday morning, July 14.

We are also posting petitions at the session and at the bulletin board near

the registration desk. These petitions are for the formation of the Military

Health Physics Section. If one percent of the HPS membership asks for the

formation of the Military Health Physics Section and the HPS Board of

Directors authorizes it, the formation will get underway. If three percent

of the HPS membership becomes members of the section, we can have a Military

Health Physics Sessions at future annual meetings.

At the following link is a summary of the HPS section formation process:

http://members.cox.net/bobcherry/setup.doc

If you are not attending the meeting and wish to sign the petition, you can

download the petition from the following link:

http://members.cox.net/bobcherry/PETITION.doc

<http://members.cox.net/bobcherry/setup.doc>

Send your signed petition to me:

Bob Cherry

c/o Dade Moeller and Associates

2750 Prosperity Ave Suite 500

Fairfax VA 22031

If the above links don't work, send me an e-mail and I will send the files

to you as attachments to my reply. Or you can use the statement below.

We shall see what happens.

Bob

Signatures

We, the undersigned, are voting members of the Health Physics Society and

hereby petition the Board of Directors to authorized the establishment of a

technical section of the Society to be known as the MILITARY HEALTH PHYSICS

SECTION as defined in the petition. (Indicate by placing an asterisk next to

your name that you wish the HPS Board of Directors to consider you for

appointment to the Steering Committee for the formation of the Military

Health Physics Section.)

            PRINT YOUR NAME           SIGNATURE