Badge Reading Differences

To All of the Badge Pros Out There:

Recently, I started providing radiation badges to our Radiologists.

Apparently, they have also been issued a badge by their group from another

company - Landauer and GDS are the two companies. The most recent badge

report indicated that two of the Radiologists had a large exposure for the

month and so I sent the docs a letter stating their exposure etc. Well, I

get a call from Radiology stating that the reading from the other company

was completely different - by a factor of about 5 (lower). To compound the

problem, the two readings from my badge were pretty similar yet the

readings from the other company were not. I was told that the Radiologists

wore the two badges right next to each other all the time.

Has anyone else seen these differences between badge readings? Or does

anyone know of any differences between readings of Landauer's Luxel+ badge

and GDS' film badge? Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey A. Garrett, MS, DABR

Chief Physicist

Mississippi Baptist Medical Center