Re: MEDHP-SEC: Question about radiation exposure and emp

a) "IF what you say is true, there is no apparent management oversight, and, the fact that this worker my be fired, I think an attorney

 should  be consulted, whereby the worker can show company negligence, that  affects his livelihood."

Comment: In this case seems to me it is not necessary to consult a attorney, the worker can go directly to Regulatory Authority to denounce the reasons why the exposure values exceed the annual limit and ask to Regulatory Authority that he can't pay for the Licensee Violation of the Optimization System. The Dose Constraint is clear: -- For occupational exposures the dose constraint is a related value of individual dose used to limit the range of options considered in the process of optimization. In this case the licensee responsible parties should evaluate the causes, circumstances and consequences and take appropriate actions to prevent recurrence (never fire if the worker operational activities was not the cause)

b) "Now he is facing a reduction in pay"

Comment: IAEA Basic Safety Standard - Conditions of Service - page 35 - 1.15. The conditions of service of workers shall be independent of the existence or the possibility of occupational exposure. Special compensatory arrangements or preferential treatment with respect to salary or special insurance coverage, working hours, length of vacation, additional holidays or retirement benefits shall neither be granted nor be used as substitutes for the provision of proper protection and safety measures to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Standards.

c) Lesson to be learned, why worker should go directly to Regulatory Authority, according BSS - page 9 -- "An additional responsibility of the Regulatory Authority is to require all parties involved to develop a safety culture that includes: individual and collective commitment to safety on the part of workers, management and regulators; accountability of all individuals for protection and safety, including individuals at senior management level; and measures to encourage a questioning and learning attitude and to discourage complacency with respect to safety"

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel