The day the sky exploded

Greetings All

I came across the following article recently:

"The day the sky exploded"

*Scientists have finally pieced together exactly what happened when an atomic

bomb was dropped on Hiroshima*

A nice quote from the article is this :

....This means the scientists involved in estimating radiation doses have

effectively been trying to put together a 3D jigsaw with crucial pieces

missing or in the wrong place - and appropriately enough, most of the pieces

merely showed what was happening in the sky. The situation on the ground was a

lot less clear.....

The full article can be found here (from the Guardian).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/feature/story/0,,1008935,00.html

To many this might be a little simplistic, but I thought it was a good review

for those that just want to dip into the subject.

Other similar articles

Radiation Protection Forum

http://ionactiveweb.adflix.com/IonActive_Forum/index.php

Mark Ramsay