RE: Fed Ex Shipment

Fed Ex ships Radioactive Material at some locations.  We ship a lot of

Radioactive Material at our facility but are continuously getting packages

kicked back or refused many times for no good reason and often in transit or

mid-shipment.  Our experience has been that the FedEx carriers aren't

familiar with the regulations themselves and will refuse packages based on

what they think.  It costs us a lot of time and money to go utilize them.

You can contact the FedEX Dangerous Goods Hotline at 1.800.GoFedEx

(1.800.463.3339) and press "81" to reach "trained" personnel.

Shari Westin

Health Physics Technician

Radiation Safety Department

SAIC