LLRW and MLRW disposal in hospitals, labs, universities etc.

Dear all,

I know very well the high costs of radioactive waste

disposal in the United States by listening to my clients

complain about it.  I have tried to research on the internet

the exact regulations and requirements of disposing of

scintillation cocktails, carcasses and used vials.  The NRC

was vague on procedures within institutions.  If people can

answer the following, I would most appreciate it.

1.  How is radioactive organic liquid waste disposed in your

institution?

2.  How are carcasses polluted by radioactivity disposed?

Do you have machinery to dry the carcasses before disposal?

3.  Does anyone reuse vials after they have been

contaminated by radioactivity?  In other words, are there

machines on the market in the USA that clean used vials to

be reused?  All I could find on the internet was that vials

were collected into 5 gal. buckets and then the buckets were

collected.  All vials had to be separated by the isotopes

(3H, 14C, 33P, 32P, 45Ca, etc.) into different buckets.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Mrs. Dana Gordon

Sales & Marketing

International Isotopes Clearing House, Inc.

www.iichinc.com  iichusa-euro@kc.rr.com

Tel: 1-913-642-4424  Fax:  1-913-642-4326