Re: Kodak X-ray film lowers radiation dose

In a message dated 4/8/04 3:25:34 am, jim_hoerner@HOTMAIL.COM writes:

> [Makes one wonder if it's more expensive film, and if so, is it worth it?

> LNT in action, folks.

I don't know whether there will be some increase in price for this new film,

but I have got the dentist who undertakes work at our site to move from group

D to Group E films which reduces the dose by about half.   I did check with

his film supplier and the cost was the same.   In addition I checked with Kodak

and the   Group E film used the same processing as the Group D and so there

was no additional cost for new equipment, writing new procedures, staff training

etc.

A true example of ALARA, where it was entirely reasonable to reduce doses by

half.

Regards,

     Julian