sodium iodide scintillation detectors

Dear radsafers,

I'm looking for two pieces of data on a typical sodium iodide

scintillation detector but can find inadequate documentation.

1.	What is the life expectancy of a sodium iodide scintillation

detector in an operational nuclear power plant environment?

2.	What is the shelf life of a sodium iodide scintillation detector

(in the warehouse as a spare part)?

An exhaustive web search has not provided any solutions.  If someone

could point me in the right direction, I would be much obliged.

Thanks,

Dave Oshlo

MGP Instruments