From: Roy A. Parker

To: Rick Orthen ; 'Russ Johnson' ; 'Mercado, Don'

Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 9:48 AM

Subject: Re: Fed Ex Shipment

No, you are not seeing the unfortunte effects of a broader, terrorism-related caution by these carriers.

A carrier has the right to choose the commodities they will transport.  Many carriers have not accepted radioactive materials for years.  It is an issue of training, compliance management, liability, insurance and other factors.

Roy A. Parker, Ph.D.

roy@royparker.org

Tel: 225-924-1473

Fax: 225-924-4269