Licensing Radioactive Material Offshore Africa

We are putting nuclear level and interface gauges (Cs-137, 100-10,000 mCi)

in operation on a oil platform off the coast of Angola, Africa.  We are

complying with our own (ExxonMobil) and NRC requirements for gauge safety

(ALARA, operator training, certified RSOs, TLD badges for operators, etc.).

However, since neither Angola nor the IAEA have radiation regulations

specific to licensing radioactive material, we are not sure where, if

anywhere, we can/should license the gauges.  Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks, Rob

Rob Powell

ExxonMobil Biomedical Sciences

Baytown, Texas