Re: Licensing Radioactive Material Offshore Africa

Dear Rob,

I think Angola has Regulatory Authority and receive IAEA Support, please GO TO

http://www-tc.iaea.org/tcweb/projectinfo/default.asp

and look at Project Number ANG/9/002 -- You can see for this project the IAEA's objective - To assist the Government of Angola to establish a national radiation safety infrastructure in order to comply with the international basic safety standards for protection against ionizing radiation and for the safety of radiation sources.

It's very important your procedure to follow country's regulation. To help the country, I suggest you to prepare an operational  manual containing topics on Radiation Protection,  Safety and Security  in Portuguese (official language, best option), taking into account  the IAEA's recommendation  based in the Safety Series 115 and ask for a meeting with the Angola's Authority to approve it.

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel