Re: Baldwin : "crushing ignorance in the United States"

Bill has made an excellent observation that led me to make these simple, perhaps flawed, calculations using the information in the article.

The project cost $169,600,000. It is cooling 20 buildings, 32% of capacity. At capacity (62 buildings), that is over $2,700,000 per building. It is equivalent to the air-conditioning electricity bill for 12,000 homes. That is over $14,000 per home.

Time-scales and building sizes aren't mentioned, so I can't really tell whether the project makes economic sense. Maybe it isn't so bad if that is CDN$ rather than US$.

Bob C