Re: Baldwin : "crushing ignorance in the United States"

My two cents:

I lived in Seattle and Bellingham,WA, for about 20 years.  I had no air conditioning in my home, and did not need any, nor was my office at either Western Washington University or the University of Washington air conditioned.  We opened windows in summer (yes, i worked in the summer).  Many modern buildings are designed to require "artificial" ventilation.  Personally, I don't like refrigerated air-type air conditioning unless it is at least 50% outside air.  We use evaporative cooling in New Mexico, which doesn't cool as much but is a lot more pleasant (I know -- it's only good in a dry climate).

Ruth

--

Ruth F. Weiner

ruthweiner@aol.com