Nuisance E-mails

Dear Radsafers,

Many thanks go to those of you who have contacted me regarding my name

frequently appearing on RADSAFE.  I sincerely wish it would come to an end,

or that someone could suggest a method for stopping it.

Alas, every missive has been sent without my knowledge or consent, and

contains an e-mail address that has long been defunct.  Although I have no

clue where they are originating from, my best guess is that RADSAFE

subscribers who received an old post from me have subsequently had their

computers infected by a virus, and it is these computers that are sending

the missives.  From my end, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' IT network

managers promptly intercept, prevent and/or quarantine viruses, worms,

trojans and spy-bots from our systems, and this factor, added to the no

longer valid e-mail address associated with my name, keep me at a loss as to

how to bring this nuisance to an end.

Nonetheless, am very, very sorry my identity is being used in this way, and

I deeply regret all the annoyance and inconvenience this nonsense is causing

each of you.

With kindest regards,

Kathleen McAllister, Radiation Control Officer

MA DPH/RCP

90 Washington Street

Dorchester, MA  02121

Voice:  617.427.2944  X2013