Re: request for help with Wikipedia article

At 08:02 AM 08/26/2004, Nathan Russell wrote:

>I've seen figures for the total from 2 to 12 EBq

I think the most definitive estimates are from the IAEA; I think 8 EBq is

the latest estimate.

>and around 2-3 for Cs137 alone.

This seems wrong. The latest estimate I have seen is 0.08 EBq.

>Is it safe to assume that Cs137 is the majority of the remaining activity?

I think so, yes. If I am wrong, I am sure someone on this list will correct me.

>I assume some C14 was generated in the moderator, and a great deal of that

>made it into the atmosphere, but is that not a significant source of

>contamination?

You ask good questions. What you say is reasonable, and I don't know the

answer.

mike

Mike McNaughton

Los Alamos National Lab.