RE: Secrets of a Salty Survivor

Jaro,

Thanks for the correction.  I careless misreading on

my part.

However, I would still like to know how such studies

will help humans.  Our DNA is not organized in the

same manner.  If such survival mechanisms were useful

for other species, they would have them as well as the

Halobacterium or Radiodurans organisms.  I would say

what they represent are adapations to harsh

environments.  Higher organisms evolved to survive in

different environments, and did not need this survival

mechanisms.

--- Jaro <jaro-10kbq@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> [...]

=====

"A devotee of Truth may not do anything in deference to convention.  He must always hold himself open to correction, and whenever he discovers himself to be wrong he must confess it at all costs and atone for it."

Monhandas K. Gandhi, in "Autobiography"

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist