Dose Rate in Bragin, Belarus

I received the following question indirectly from an associate.

"Where we were (Bregin - 5.5 miles from Chernobyl right across the river)

the radiation level is 68 quire points versus 12 quire points a normal

amount of radiation. The question that I have is this how long could we be

in that intensity without suffering long-term physical harm. I would like to

 I'm sure she was referring to Bragin, Belarus but for the life of me I

can't guess what a "quire point" is.  I assume she miss heard the word.

I've reviewed IAEA report  IAEA-TECDOC-1240, "Present and future

environmental Impact of the Chernobyl Accident" and perhaps I can get an

idea of the annual dose rate from it,  but I would really appreciate any

insight or references which might help.

Harold A. Careway

<mailto:harold.careway@gene.ge.com>

1-408-925-6008