AW: AW: "The Bell Tolls for LNT"

Franz Schoenhofer

PhD, MR iR

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna

AUSTRIA

phone -43-0699-1168-1319

Dear Maury, dear collegues,

Thanks for the clarification. I received the text of the paper from a

RADSAFEr and after having had a not too short glance at it, the content

is without doubt to be taken more serious than the title.

As a former legislator I still defend, and will do so in the future, the

LNT, because it is the only justifiable approach to legislationally

fixed maximum permissible levels. This does not only apply to

radioactivity, but to all other toxicological elements or compounds.

Best regards,

Franz

of

> RADSAFErs face the same problem.

> >"The bell tolls for LNT" does not seem to me to be a headline from a

> >radiation protection journal to be taken seriously. It sounds for me

> be in the category of "Dog bites postman".

> >This seems to be just another occasion to caution scientists to

accept

> both enthusiastic pro and con articles in non-scientific journals.

> >Best regards,

> >Franz

2004

> >>issue of Operational Radiation Safety (pp. S47-S50).  It is entitled

> >"The

> >>Bell Tolls for LNT".  Enjoy!

> >>Ciao, Carol

> >>Carol S. Marcus, Ph.D., M.D.

> >><csmarcus@ucla.edu>

the

> >>text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the

e-mail,