RE: Question: Proposals for a Non-LNT world?

In a rational world, in the absence of LNT, we would regulate radiation in the same manner as other harmful agents.  We would acknowledge (in regulations) that there is a threshold (or an effective threshold) and we would not bother regulating doses at less than that level.  ALARA would still hold because it is not reasonable to reduce exposure below a threshold or a de facto de minimis dose level.

Best regards,

Andy

P. Andrew Karam, Ph.D., CHP

Research Assistant Professor