Re: Question: Proposals for a Non-LNT world?

The latest edition of the BELLE Newsletter (http://www.belleonline.com/)

cogently discusses the precepts regarding the precautionary principle,

hormesis, regulation, decision making. As with other BELLE newsletters,

excellent reading for pondering.

For those of you not familiar with the BELLE organization, BELLE means

"Biological Effects of Low Level Exposures". They address radiation as

part of a collective whole of carcinogens and toxins (at least in high

levels). The editors typically select a topic related to low dose

exposures and invite an expert in the area to write a brief (usually

several pages) commentary. Other experts, usually with an opposing point

of view, offer their perspective.  {Note: the most recent newsletter

titled "Precautionary Principle and Hormesis) has only two articles: (1)

Hormesis, the Precautionary Principle, and Legal Regulation and (2)

Precautionary Principles: A Jurisdiction-Free Framework for

Decision-Making Under Risk" seems to be using a different format than

earlier editions.}

Tom

--

Thomas Mohaupt, M.S., CHP