Re: Seawater source of -: 0.026 mR/hr 1' from 120lb KCl, 2x background

Well, why don't you start taking KI tables?  It will

protection you in case of a nuclear reactor accident

or weapon attack, and give you the hormetic dose you

crave?

--- howard long <hflong@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Leslie Salt Co in Fremont CA has c a square mile of

> salt beds in the San Francisco Bay.

> Inquiry about its KCl byproduct of Na Cl, referred

> me to Home Depot and Lowes stores, which sold me

> Diamond Crystal Potassium Chloride "alternative

> choice to sodium chloride for your water softener.

> It has real benefit to patients on a low sodium diet

> for high blood pressure, so will be readily

> available. However, I can't find a comfortable

> configuration of 3, 40 lb bags that gives more than

> about 2-4 x  the ambient here at 350' elevation east

> of SF.  I'd like 10 to 100 times.

> Howard Long

> Franz Schönhofer <franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT>

> wrote:

> st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

> Franz Schoenhofer

> PhD, MR iR

> Habicherg. 31/7

> A-1160 Vienna

> AUSTRIA

> phone (international) -43-699-1168-1319

> phone (national) 0699-1168-1319

> Russ, Stewart and others,

> First of all I did not know, that potassium chloride

> (KCl) was used as a water softener salt, to my

> knowledge sodium chloride (NaCl) is used for it.

> Maybe systems are in use in the USA which prefer

> KCl. Discharged NaCl is not environmentally friendly

> and neither is KCl. KCl is known as an efficient

> .quick melt. thawing salt, though because of its

> environmentally negative impact in Europe on a large

> scale there is increasingly used a wizard salt,

> which to my knowledge contains mostly urea.

> Nevermind, because of global warming we will need in

> Europe no thawing salt at all in the future and I

> can rely in Vienna on the community snow ploughs and

> even more on our excellent public transport anyway..

> Fertilizers are very well known not only to contain

> potassium and thereby K-40, but also NORM, depending

> on the way it was produced, reaching from uranium,

> thorium and radium isotopes and their progeny.

> Increased doserates are therefore no surprise for

> me. I have seen about thirty years ago the bunkers

> of the biggest fertilizer factory in Austria, which

> have contained thousands if not millions of tons of

> fertilizer. I am still concerned about the radon

> concentration in these bunkers and even more on the

> gamma dose rates people receive there and during

> transport in lorries. I would have very much wanted

> to find out, but never had a chance.

> This problem is the same everywhere in the world.

> .Everyone. responsible knows about it. Where are the

> regulations? Where are the controllers? When LNT

> will be out of business this problem will be

> obsolete anyway. Or should customers all over the

> world buy these fertilizers and thawing salts and

> put them below their beds in order to benefit from

> the hormetic effect...

> Best regards,

> Franz

=====

"A devotee of Truth may not do anything in deference to convention.  He must always hold himself open to correction, and whenever he discovers himself to be wrong he must confess it at all costs and atone for it."

Monhandas K. Gandhi, in "Autobiography"

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist