RE: Nuclear Waste,Science, & Politics: Regaining Virginity?

>The "scientific" approach that has been applied over the past 50 years,

at a cost of billions of dollars has failed to find an acceptable

solution

I could not disagree more. The scientific and engineering solutions that

I have seen, for both high and low level waste are, to me, acceptable.

And I mean that including if I and my family lived near such facilities.

That is not to say there are not concerns that we can discuss and work

towards even better solutions. What is not acceptable to me are when

honest, skilled professionals spend thousands of hours and come up with

a reasonable and acceptable solution, and it is challenged with

nonsensical objections by someone whose main credentials are that they

starred in a movie about a nuclear power plant, and that challenge is

accepted by Congress and society.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068