Re: Nuclear Waste,Science, & Politics: Regaining Virginity?

While there may be lots of information, I doubt if the

public understand the details.  Many want a simple

answer.  Unfortunately, the "scientific" findings are

filled with caveats.  The anti-nuclear side does not

have to worry about anything but a single position,

i.e., don't do what the government proposes.

--- RuthWeiner@aol.com wrote:

> You know, if "the public" is not well informed, it's

> either deliberate

> ignorance on "the public's" part or a complete lack

> of interest.  Reams of material

> on radioactivity, radioactive waste, etc., is all

> over the internet, much of

> it from universities.  The information is readily

> available to anyone who wants

> it.  I just don't buy the "poorly informed" argument

> anymore.  you can lead a

> horse to water....

> Ruth

> Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.

> ruthweiner@aol.com

=====

"A devotee of Truth may not do anything in deference to convention.  He must always hold himself open to correction, and whenever he discovers himself to be wrong he must confess it at all costs and atone for it."

Monhandas K. Gandhi, in "Autobiography"

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist