Re: Nuclear Waste,Science, & Politics: Regaining Virginity?

I refer only to LLW --There are many  documents published by IAEA

considering all possible aspects in the management of these category of

radwaste. I'll exclude the  references on geological sites, however I can

affirm also that are many on this topic.

Follows a list from 2000 to 2004 of references, to those interested,  is

possible to download. There are equal size from 1995 to 1999, also with the

possibility of download.

The main problem on Radwaste: Communication

a) Public is not well informed about radioactive waste

b) Public is very poorly informed about radioactive waste

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel

Developing Multinational Radioactive Waste Repositories: Infrastructural

Framework and Scenarios of Co-operation

IAEA TECDOC Series No.  1413, 2004

Predisposal Management of Organic Radioactive Waste

Technical Reports Series No.  427, 2004

An International Peer Review of the License Application for the Australian

Near Surface Radioactive Waste Disposal Facility, 2004

Surveillance and Monitoring of Near Surface Disposal Facilities for

Radioactive

Safety Reports Series No.  35, 2004

Radiation Protection and the Management of Radioactive Waste in the Oil and

Gas Industry

Safety Reports Series No.  34, 2003

Safety Indicators for the Safety Assessment of Radioactive Waste

IAEA TECDOC Series No.  1372, 2003

Selection of Efficient Options for Processing and Storage of Radioactive

Waste in Countries with Small Amounts of Waste Generation

IAEA TECDOC Series No.  1371, 2003

Radioactive Waste Management Status and Trends Number  3, 2003

Considerations in the Development of Near Surface Repositories for

Radioactive Waste

Technical Reports Series No.  417, 2003

Radioactive Waste Management Glossary 2003 Edition, 2003

The Long Term Storage of Radioactive Waste: Safety and Sustainability A

Position Paper of International Experts, 2003

Predisposal Management of Low and Intermediate Level Radioactive Waste Safet

y Guide

Safety Standards Series No.  WS-G-2., 2003

Combined Methods for Liquid Radioactive Waste Treatment

IAEA TECDOC Series No.  1336, 2003

Management of Low and Intermediate Level Radioactive Wastes with Regard to

their Chemical Toxicity

IAEA TECDOC Series No.  1325, 2003

Radiation Protection and Radioactive Waste Management in the Operation of

Nuclear Power Plants Safety Guide

Safety Standards Series No.  NS-G-2.7, 2002

Management of Radioactive Waste from the Mining and Milling of Ores Safety

Guide

Safety Standards Series No.  WS-G-1.2, 2002

Radioactive Waste Management - Status and Trends - Number 2, 2002

Socio-Economic and Other Non-Radiological Impacts of the Near Surface

Disposal of Radioactive Waste

IAEA TECDOC Series No.  1308, 2002

Technical Considerations in the Design of Near Surface Disposal Facilities

for Radioactive Waste

IAEA TECDOC Series No.  1256, 2001

Radioactive Waste Management - Status and Trends - Number 1, 2001

Handling and Processing of Radioactive Waste from Nuclear Applications

Technical Reports Series No.  402, 2001

Waste Inventory Record Keeping Systems (WIRKS) for the Management and

Disposal of Radioactive Waste

IAEA TECDOC Series No.  1222, 2001

Management of Radioactive Waste from the Use of Radionuclides in Medicine

IAEA TECDOC Series No.  1183, 2000

Legal and Governmental Infrastructure for Nuclear, Radiation, Radioactive

Waste and Transport Safety Requirements

Safety Standards Series No.  GS-R-1, 2000