Re: Airport screening and medicine

Sandy:

I used the AWARE Electronics Model RM-60

Micro Roentgen Radiation Monitor attached to Laptop PC.

I tested it prior to the flight on a mammography machine and found it to be

quite accurate and reliable.

Here in LA, the background radiation was measured to be, if my memory does

not fail me, to be

around 10 microR/hour.

Now, on what are you basing your statement " ... This does seem a bit high.

I travel quite

 a bit, and, I don't expect that I have observed the dose rates you  are

quoting..." ?

Did you do such measurements?

With what detector(s)?

Reuven Zach