Re: Vanity Fair Article on DU - with an Ed Battle recommendation of Rokke!

I do not know if Vanity Fair is a "liberal" magazine.

It is certainly not a scientific journal by any

stretch of the imagination.

Yes, I do believe that someone needs to contact the

editor and author of the article.  Maybe a second,

realistic article could be written, but at the least a

letter to the editor needs to be sent.

--- Doug Aitken <daitken@sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com>

wrote:

> The December issue od Vanity Fair has a major

> article on DU and its health

> hazards.

> If I knew nothing about the topic I would definitely

> be influenced to

> believe that DU was truly deadly!

> and the list of effects is truly staggering (right

> down to "burning semen"

> - the effects of which are described in great

> deatail...) and they have

> highlighted a new catch phrase "DU-positive" (in an

> obvious attempt to

> compare its danger to AIDS!).

> As for Rokke, he gets a majot exposure, including

> his Dec 1995 appraisal

> from Ed Battle "Captain Rokke has repeatedly

> demonstrated the ability to

> function well above his current rank and is as

> effective as any I have

> known" ......... "his achievements have been

> absolutely phenomenal"......

> Maybe a letter to the editor from an expert in the

> field is called for?

> I know that Vanity Fair is an extremely "liberal"

> magazine, but it has a

> pretty wide readership.....

> Regards

> Doug Aitken

> Doug Aitken

> Schlumberger D&M QHSE Advisor

> Office  281-285-8009

> Home    713-797-0919

> Cell    713-562-8585

> Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the

> text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the

> body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe

> archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

=====

"That government is the strongest of which every man feels himself a part."

Thomas Jefferson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist