Re: Chernobyl disaster caused cancer cases in Sweden

At 10:21 AM 11/23/2004 -0500, Bernard Cohen wrote:

>    This discussion of low levels of radiation causing higher cancer rates

> in some areas of Sweden makes me wonder why my studies showing lower lung

> cancer rates in U.S. counties with high radon exposure do not completely

> convince everyone that this Swedish data is misleading. My studies have

> far more data, far better statistics, far more extensive analysis

> including consideration of over 500 potential confounding factors, and

> have withstood a very wide exposure to critics,

>    Can anyone suggest any possible advantage this Swedish study might

> have over mine?

Could it be that it agrees with and supports the preconceived notions about

radiation? The ones that I came to this list with and y'all have helped

increase my understanding away from these?

Of course, I still wouldn't  buy a house near a high-voltage power line for

many reasons. When we recently moved, we looked at some homes near a giant

water tower, and my wife said simply, "no, it's ugly, I don't want to look

at the water tower every day." She feels the same way about power lines --

and they mess up my shortwave reception. <smile>

Cheers,

Richard