RE: Lauriston Sale Taylor 1902-2004

This is truly a sad day in the field of health physics, and indeed in

all of science. Dr. Taylor was a giant in the field of radiation

protection. I was most impressed in reading "Organization for radiation

protection : the operations of the ICRP and NCRP, 1928-1974" by the

character and integrity of all of the members of the ICRP and NCRP, and

of Dr. Taylor in particular, even more than by their scientific prowess

(which was of course enormous). The work that we all do and love every

day was founded in the great thinking of these two impressive groups.

Everyone has continued to be impressed with Dr. Taylor's strong health

and mental acuity as demonstrated by his continued presence and active

participation in scientific meetings in recent years. I'm sure that all

members of the Radsafe list and of the Health Physics Society will join

me in sending their best wishes to Dr. Taylor's family in this time and

in joining together, across the globe, in a final enthusiastic standing

ovation for the life and work of Lauriston Sale Taylor.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Moderator, Radsafe mailing list

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068