RE: Source for Uranium?

Ralph -

First, I am not sure where you can get these sources.  However....

Remember that U-234 may or may not be in secular equilibrium, depending

on weathering and exposure to groundwater.  It is not uncommon for U-234

to be present in higher concentrations in water, and lower

concentrations in minerals or soil.  Alpha damage to the crystal

structure increases the chance that U-234 will dissolve out of a

particular crystal, so U-234 enters water (and leaves crystals) more

readily than U-238.

Andy

P. Andrew Karam, Ph.D., CHP

Research Assistant Professor

Rochester Institute of Technology

Department of Biological Sciences

85 Lomb Memorial Drive

Rochester, NY  14623

+1 585-475-6432

karam@mail.rit.edu <mailto:karam@mail.rit.edu>

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little

statesmen and philosophers and divines. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and

philosopher (1803-1882)