Re: AW: RE: Gardner Sellafield cluster [was : reply to Cedervall ]

Commonn sense is not really so.  Otherwise, people

would not do stupid things that result in automobile

accidents.

--- Franz Schönhofer <franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT>

wrote:

> Bob,

> You are totally right. We have a relatively big area

> in Austria, where

> lung cancer incidence is significantly lower than in

> other parts, which

> means that in other parts it is significantly

> higher. (BTW the first one

> is a granitic area, where background radiation is of

> course enhanced and

> radon concentrations are significantly higher than

> in other parts.... -

> I almost "see" already the comment that this is

> another proof for

> hormesis.)

> I think that it does not need sophisticated

> scientific education but

> that it is rather common sense to recognize, that if

> there is an average

> value there must be both higher and lower ones.

> Best regards,

> Franz

> Franz Schoenhofer

> PhD, MR iR

> Habicherg. 31/7

> A-1160 Vienna

> AUSTRIA

> phone -43-0699-1168-1319

=====

"Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House?"

Will Rogers

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist