AW: Dr. Durakovic at Port Hope

The credentials of this Durakovic (have I ever put forward my titles on

Radsafe unless some of them in my address?) are ridiculous. Oh, he is

Dr., what in: Medicine, juridic, philosophy, ethnology, theatre science,

communication ..... My PhD is BTW in chemistry - radiochemistry.

Analysing the papers article I find the words: "dangerous, truth, global

("it happens all over the world"), "in the name of truth", "political

resistance", "I am obligated as a medical doctor". The list could be

expanded almost indefinitely when using the newspaper article.

His speech or his appearance at the newspaper is obviously well prepared

by professional advisors, who tell him which wording is most effective.

In the newspaper article I find a direct request for entrusting him to

"do a complete genetic profile of the people of Port Hope". He

advertises to  collect urine samples, send them to Frankfurt (which

institute??? I do not know any there) and have them analysed for $1.500

for uranium. This is a kind of criminal action (I repeat: criminal

action), because no accredidated laboratory in Europe is likely to

charge $ 1.500 for a uranium analysis. Who gets the money?

I am Austrian, but I do not know any place in Germany, where uranium

inhalation of the public might occur.

Finally: The question of inhalation and ingestion of uranium compounds

has been investigated more than exhaustive. Several ICRP publications

deal with it and it is only to look them up, but a Durakovic might not

be able to even look into the literature. The risks are well known.

There is legislation regarding uranium uptake from drinking water as

well.

Let me conclude: This Dr. Asaf Durakovic seems to be one of those

persons who live on their purported anti-nuclear "facts". They lack any

scientific education and twist facts with fiction until their willing

anti-nuclear audience is pleased and deposits enough money to continue

"research".

Our modern society is not far away from the medieval ages: then people

(with low reputation) went around at the country side advertising cures

for pain and other bodily diseases if the patients only bought their

quack medicines. They also removed rotten teeth. There are great

paintings like for instance of Hieronymus Bosch. Now a Dr. Asaf

Durakovic promises a uranium analysis for $ 1 500, something exceeding

the possibility of a farmer during the Hieronymus Bosch' time.....

Franz Schoenhofer

PhD, MR iR

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna

AUSTRIA

phone -43-0699-1168-1319

Here is

> the lead paragraph:

> "Inhalation of radioactive isotopes is extremely dangerous to human

> health, said the director of an independent, non-profit organization

that

> provides objective, expert scientific and medical research into the

> effects of uranium exposure."

> I wonder if the reporter did a fact check on the "objective, expert

> scientific and medical research" that Dr. Durakovic has performed.

> Here are some self-serving self-descriptions of Dr. Durakovic quoted

in

> the article:

> ==============

> Port Hope is not alone when it comes to political resistance of

keeping

> the truth of the dangers of uranium exposure away from the people,

said

> Dr. Durakovic. It happens all around the world... in Russia, in the

United

> States, in China, in Germany, and in Africa, he noted.

> "In the name of truth, in the name of science, I am obligated as a

medical

> doctor to provide for public health regardless of political

consequences,"

> he says. "I'm not an activist, just a scientist and medical doctor and

I'm

> here to tell you the truth."

> I guess that if he is correct then the overwhelming majority of

scientists

> are liars and conspirators. Only he brings "truth" to the people.

> Have any of us ever felt it necessary to describe ourselves the way

Dr.