Re: Arsenic ingestion from well water associated withincreased risk oflung cancer

Otto G. Raabe wrote:

> December 22, 2004

> My reading of the WHO information is that the lung cancer and skin

> cancer is believed to be caused by the ingestion of water containing

> arsenic. Ingestion of arsenic is believed to cause a host of systemic

> cancers.

> However, the studies are all ecological studies. The WHO would throw

> out Bernie Cohen's results for radon  which are much stronger because

> they are ecological, while accepting these ecological studies about

> arsenic that are weak because there are several of them by different

> authors.

          ----My studies gave the same results whether I used my radon

data, the EPA radon data, or radon data collected  by individual states,

so these results could be considered to be three separate studies by

different authors. To go further, the results were the same if applied

only to all counties with a given characteristic (that is what I called

stratification studies);  many hundreds of such characteristics were

treated, so the results could be considered to be confirmed by many

hundreds of studies, with no such studies giving contrary results.

    Since no one has made a specific suggestion on how logically to

change my results significantly, I can only conclude that the doubters

do not understand how to do science.